Kvaser Memorator HS/SWC is a dual channel, intermediate performance, CAN (controller area network) bus interface and standalone datalogger. This device has one CAN channel for High-Speed CAN and the second for Single-Wire CAN. In interface mode, it connects to a PC with USB1.1. As a data logger, Memorator makes for a perfect flight recorder due its compact design. Logging data to a standard SD card (supplied) or MMC disk; triggers, filters etc. can be set via our user-friendly configuration program and stored on the flash disk.
- One device for desktop and laptop. Quick and easy plug-and-play installation.
- Supports both 11-bit (CAN 2.0A) and 29-bit (CAN 2.0B active) identifiers.
- CAN messages are time-stamped with 10 microseconds resolution.
- Large on-board RAM buffer for CAN messages.
- Supports "listen-only" mode for bus analysis tools.
- Driver support for major operating systems.
- 100% compatible with applications written for Leaf, LAPcan, PCIcan, PCcan and USBcan with Kvaser's CANlib.
- One SD/MMC slot that accepts SD or MMC flash disks, currently up to 1 GB.
- One CAN connection ISO-11898 high-speed, 50kbit/s up to 1 Mbit/s (Philips TJA1050), plus second single-wire CAN connection.
- One USB 1.1 connection (12 Mbit/s). This connection is compatible with USB 2.0.
- Power from CAN bus or from the USB side.
- Built-in real time (calendar) clock with battery backup.
- Logger status is indicated with four externally visible LEDs.
- Plastic housing with dimension WLH about 509025 mm (circa 2 x 3,5 x 1 inch).
- NOTE: Product ships with Commercial Grade SD card (-20 to +70°C). Industrial Grade SD cards (-40 to +85°C) are available for additional purchase. Contact your local Kvaser office for details.
- 2-Year Warranty. See our General Conditions and Policies for details. Register your product at kvaser.com/getting-started for an additional 1-year Warranty Extension.
- Documentation, software and drivers can be downloaded for free at kvaser.com/downloads.
- Kvaser CANLIB SDK [link} is a free resource that includes everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN interfaces. Includes full documentation and many program samples, written in C, C++, C#, Delphi, and Visual Basic.
- All Kvaser CAN interface boards share a common software API. Programs written for one interface type will run without modifications on the other interface types!
- J2534 Application Programming Interface available.
- RP1210A Application Programming Interface available.
- On-line documentation in Windows HTML-Help and Adobe Acrobat format.
Functions in Kvaser Memorator:
Kvaser Memorator can log continuously, or logging can be triggered by external triggers (rising or falling edge) and/or by messages and signals on the CAN bus (triggered by identifier, or data contents.) Pre- and post-triggers are available.
To enhance logging performance, Kvaser Memorator can filter out selectable messages to be logged. The identifiers can be picked from a database, or all messages can be logged.
Standard MMC or SD type flash memory cards can be used. Larger memory cards, up to 1 GB, can be used. See our support pages for more information.
Configuration software in the PC:
- Configuration of the CAN controller, i.e. bit rate and filters.
- Configuration of the trigger conditions.
- Configuration of filter for messages to be stored.
- Configuration upload and download via USB.